Today we were told that all the ob-gyns in Greenville were thinking about our unusual case. Evidently the scans from our suspected c-section scar pregnancy were presented at a big medical meeting for everyone’s consideration.
However, today’s ultrasound results were inconclusive on two fronts.
1. The baby may or may not be in the c-section scar, but the docs seemed to think it was probably not. Boy, did they look at this for a long time trying to decide. Need to keep checking with later ultrasounds to be sure. That is, if we get a positive resolution of #2:
2. They could not be sure the baby is alive. We could not see a heartbeat. It is still pretty early to see a heartbeat at 7 weeks, but considering that we did see it last week on a weaker u/s machine, it was an ominous sign. The crown-to-rump measurement was also low, indicating 6 weeks 1 day old. Still it was not conclusive that the baby had died. I took an hCG blood test that should tell us whether the pregnancy is viable in the next couple days.
The doc told us there was reason for concern, but not enough to give up, yet. Abraham reasoned by faith that God could raise Isaac from the dead (Heb. 11:19). Please continue to pray in faith with us that Bitty lives on, outside the scar.